Re: [openib-general] Re: RFC: ipath ioctls and their replacements

Eric W. Biederman wrote:
No.  If you're running a full IB stack, we provide the usual IB subnet
management facilities, and you can run OpenSM to manage your subnet.  If
you're *not*, which is the case I'm concerned with here, it makes no
sense to replicate the byzantine IB management interfaces in order to do
a handful of simple things that aren't even tied to the higher-level IB
protocols.

Is it the stack that is byzantine?  Or the interface too it.
What I thinking untimately is there should be something about as
simple as af_packet in the kernel (but at the IB/rdma) layer that
gives you the help you need.

I'm not familiar with the driver, but would the lower level verbs interfaces work for this? Could you just post whatever datagrams that you want directly to your management QPs?

- Sean