Re: Problems with 2.6.15-mm1 and mm2.

Below is cut & pasted, so not applyable, and maybe it shouldn't be applied. But ... it worked before whatever is in -mm ... so my personal feeling is that if we don't have a fix for whatever is currently in -mm, it should get dropped until we do ? Going backwards = bad.

Perhaps I'm in a time loop, and just confused. but I don't think so ?

This isn't at all clear, sorry.

Does the patch you sent fix things in 2.6.15-mm2? On NUMAQ and on x86_64? Does it fix a bug which was introduced in a patch which in in 2.6.15-mm2? If so, which one?

It fixes the symptom, yes. Greg complained it's papering over the problem and not a real fix, which is fair enough, but ...

yes, it did seem to be a newly introduced problem in -mm1 or -mm2. To my mind, if we don't have a proper fix, we ought to drop the patch that caused the problem in the first place? Andy .. can you finger which patch that was, I forget ...

M.