Re: system keeps freezing once every 24 hours / random apps crashing

Jesper Juhl wrote:
> On 12/31/05, Mark v Wolher <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>g'morning !
>>
>>the memtest86 went 40 times over the memory, no errors detected.
>>

> Give memtest86+ a spin (http://www.memtest.org/) as well. memtest86 is
> good, but I've found in the past that memtest86+ sometimes finds
> errors that memtest86 does not, so giving both a sin fo an extended
> period of time is usually a good idea.
> Also, make sure you enable all the tests of both tools.

Hi Jesper,

Oh i thought they were the same, i used memtest86+ which comes with
debian and not the "older" memtest86.

Right now i booted the kernel with nomce since one never knows with dell
machines as i saw on some redhat list. Furthermore i installed the
microcode32 utility which loaded new microcode in the cpu. So i'm now
going to continue put some good load on the system, tv on and so on, see
what happens.