Re: system keeps freezing once every 24 hours / random apps crashing

Mark v Wolher wrote:
> Mark v Wolher wrote:

>>>did you also restart with only irqbalance activated?
>>>

>>>Folkert van Heusden
>>>

>>Yes, when MSI was disabled i had irq-balancing in the kernel on, i
>>rebooted without the irqbalance daemon and it showed no reaction on the
>>cpu's. When i enabled the irqbalance daemon then i got finally reaction
>>from the cpu's.
>>
>>I'm also curious if this will solve those random freezes...which somehow
>>i suspect have to do with the tvcard and maybe having MSI on.
>>

> :( just got a total freeze, number 2 today. This time i noticed the
> mouse started to go very slow and 2 seconds later all was frozen.
>
> Maybe it's because of vmware ... i will not use vmware and see how it goes.
> -

Some new info, i just noticed this in the logs:

Dec 30 22:21:24 localhost kernel: bttv0: OCERR @ 1fde0000,bits: HSYNC
OFLOW FBUS OCERR*
Dec 30 22:21:24 localhost last message repeated 5 times
Dec 30 22:21:24 localhost kernel: bttv0: timeout: drop=0
irq=41296/41296, risc=1fde001c, bits: HSYNC OFLOW
Dec 30 22:21:24 localhost kernel: bttv0: reset, reinitialize
Dec 30 22:21:24 localhost kernel: bttv0: PLL: 28636363 => 35468950 . ok

But vmware is not active at this moment, i'll not use vmware and see if
a freeze occurs, i'll test up to 24 hours.

I can swear it might have to do with the tvcard with tv on and vmware at
the same time also active. Or maybe just 1 of them. I'm even considering
to buy tomorrow a new tvcard and see if it makes any difference.