Re: userspace breakage

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Dave Jones wrote:

> There's a 2.6.15rc7 kernel that some Fedora Core 4 users could download
> and play with right now. I thought it'd be great to get some extra testing
> over the xmas holidays. Unfortunatly, due to the necessary udev upgrade,
> many users are turned off from testing by the inability to run X after
> installing it.

Can you actually detail this thing a bit more? I'm a FC4 user myself, and
I'm sure as hell running X too. And that's not even a special X install
like I used to have, it's bog-standard FC4 afaik.

And I'm definitely running -rc7 (well, not exactly, it's my current git
tree, so it's -rc7+patches).

So whatever breakage is there, I'd love to know more. It's not entirely
obvious.

			Linus