Re: [RFC] CPU scheduler: Simplified interactive bonus mechanism

* Peter Williams <[email protected]> wrote:

> > So, as Con seems to imply, it is JASW (just another scheduler
> > rewrite).
>
> Not a rewrite just some major surgery to one small part (at least when
> compared to nicksched, staircase and the SPA schedulers).  This
> doesn't effect the run queue structure or the load balancing
> mechanisms.  Or, for that matter, even the bonus mechanism itself
> other than the calculation of the bonus as the way the bonus is
> applied once calculated is unchanged.

given the experience, i'm quite reluctant to do that. We should rather
concentrate on trying to fix the rare odd case that gets misjudged, than
trying to invent totally new mechanism that happen to get _that_ case
right. (and most likely get alot of other cases wrong.)

	Ingo