Re: How to debug FTP messaging in Linux FTP server

jeanwelly wrote:
> Hi, All
> I am using PowerPC target board and want to transfer files from board
> to a Linux FTP server.
What is the server software? vsftpd, ProFTPD, wuftp, whatever

> The current issue is that FTP server returns ERROR when I sending
> "STOR filename" from client.

> But command "TYPE type", "PASS password" and "USER username" can work
> correctly between board and server.
>
> My question is how can I debug  or what tools can be used in Linux
> server to track what's going on in server.
#-2 Check if the user the server is running (do _NOT_ tell me it is running as root!) can write to
the directory
#-1 Look into the logs of the server.
#0 Read your server software FAQ.
#1 RTFM: Read your server software manual.
#2 turn on debugging and possibly keep it in foreground (do not daemonize it), increase debug
level/verbosity
#3 if still not clear try running an `strace -f -e open SERVER_COMMAND_HERE`
#4 still here? try `strace -f SERVER_COMMAND_HERE`
#5 `man strace`
#6 use a debugger like gdb

#F Hire a professional consultant to solve your particular problem :-)

I bet you will be up and running befre going on the positive numbers :-) Above level #4 you need
good programming/debugging skills which you are not likely to have based on your question.

> I guess there should be a lot of scenarios which can caused the STOR
> command get error return code, I appreciate if you can list some.
Yes, you are very right.

And BTW, this list is for linux kernel not for linux in general (as your question is). I should have
ignored you, but I am in "Reply" mode now :-)

Good luck!

Kalin.
--
+-> http://ThinRope.net/ <-+