Re: Machine check 2.6.13.3 dual opteron

With the Opteron Bank 4 value you gave, this decodes to:

Decoding MCE value as MCi_STATUS: 'b200000000070f0f'
Bit  63:    Valid error
Bit  61:    UNCORRECTED error
Bit  60:    MCA Error Reporting Enabled
Bit  57:    Process Context Corrupt
            HyperTransport Link Number= 0
            Extended Error Code = 0x7 - WatchDog error

BUS Error:
        Processor(generic)
        TimeOut(timed out)
        Memory Transaction Type(generic)
        Mem or IO(generic)
        Cache Level(generic)

You had an Uncorrectable Error.
Since you did not post an address error, I assume that it did NOT report such. Therefore, because
of the WatchDog error, there might be an error between the CPU and memory.  There is a hardware
problem definitely.

CPU-Mem Controller
Even bad memory DIMM

doug thompson

--- Andy Stewart <[email protected]> wrote:

> -

"If you think Education is expensive, just try Ignorance"

"Don't tell people HOW to do things, tell them WHAT you
want and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
                   Gen George Patton