Re: 2.6.14-rc2-rt7 - AMD64 runs GREAT! (threaded/non-threaded interrupts?)

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 08:54 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi,
>    I finally managed to find an acceptable set of config options last
> even that build correctly. The kernel came right up and is working
> wonderfully on my Gentoo system. I've been up for a few hours this
> morning with Jack going at 128/2. (<6mS latency) Music is streaming
> with no xruns, even while doing emerge sync/emerge world operations.
>

>    One question. In earlier rt kernels there was a way to set specific
> ISR routinges as threaded or non-threaded through
> /proc/irq/ISR#/DEVICE/threaded. Does anything like this exist anymore?

I think there was a way to select softirqd as thread or not. This
doesn't exist for interrupts because the ISR would need to be modified
at compile time to work correctly. So you can't simple select drivers to
run in interrupt context unless they are specifically written to do so.

Daniel