RE: Re: em64t speedstep technology not supported in kernel yet?

Yes. Make sure speedstep is  supported and enabled in BIOS. Typically,
there will be a BIOS config option under CPU section, called Speedstep,
Enhanced Speedstep or EIST or something like that.

Which kernels did you try? Also, if you can send the acpidump output
from pmtools here
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/utils/
We can see whether BIOS is indeed supporting speedstep or not.

Thanks,
Venki