Re: [howto] Kernel hacker's guide to git, updated

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Dave Jones wrote:
> > What I find amusing is that it was a patch rejection mail from you
> > *years* back (circa 2000 iirc), telling me my pine corrupted whitespace,
> > that made me switch MUA ;-)
> >
> > All these years later, and it's still buggered ?
>
> Actually, it seems better. It seems to be buggered by default, but it used
> to be that you had to actually recompile pine to make it behave. Now you
> can just disable "strip-whitespace-before-send" and _enable_
> "quell-flowed-text" and those together seem to do the trick. No extra
> patches or recompiles necessary.

Indeed.  I use those two options like that, too.  (-:

> So there's progress.
>
> Of course, pico is still pico. Which I find a bit sad: my editor of choise
> is still an improved version of uemacs, and pico actually comes from the
> same uemacs history, but has different key-bindings for just enough keys
> to be slightly confusing.
>
> Still, that shared history means that I find pico a lot more to my taste
> than just about any other emailer editor out there. It may have a few
> differences, but it has more things in common..

Why don't you enable "enable-alternate-editor-implicitly" and set
editor = "your-editor-of-choice" in the pine config?  It is integrated in
a quite seamless way.

Best regards,

	Anton
Linux NTFS maintainer / IRC: #ntfs on irc.freenode.net
WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/ & http://www-stu.christs.cam.ac.uk/~aia21/