Re: Slow loading big kernel module in 2.6 on PPC platform

Wilson Li wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to port several third party kernel modules from kernel
2.4 to 2.6 on a ppc (MPC824x) platform. For small size of modules, it
works perfectly in 2.6. But there's one huge kernel module which size
is about 2.7M bytes (size reported by lsmod after insmod), and it
takes about 90 seconds to load this module before init_module starts.
I did not notice there's such obvious delay in 2.4 kernel.

How big is the module on disk? That is, what is the disk to memory transfer size. Really 2.7MB, or is there a lot of uninitialized storage?
--
   -bill davidsen ([email protected])