RE: I request inclusion of SAS Transport Layer and AIC-94xx into the kernel

On Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:42 AM, Luben Tuikov wrote:
> > Hi Luben,
> >
> > OK, Man are you alright?
> >
> > I've heard of other vendors planning to
> > provide solutions where sas is implemented
> > in firmware, similar to MPT.  Christophs
> > sas layer is going to work with other
> > solutions, don't think of it being
> > MPT centric.
>
> Where in what I said above do I say that it will _not_
> work with _other_ MPT based drivers?  Nowhere!
>
> Yes it _will_ work with other MPT-like drivers but
> to cut and paste again from above:
>  * MPT based only,
>  * doesn't follow a spec to save its life,
>  * far inferior in SAS capabilities and SAS representation
>    again, due to the fact that it is MPT based.
>
> When I say MPT, I do not mean MPT(R), I mean MPT as
> in technology, not as in trademark.
>
>      Luben

Luben: I guess you didn't get what I meant.

I was referring that there are other
*vendors* (not LSI, e.g MegaRAID) that are
working on sas solutions with sas firmware
implementation. One that comes to mind is
Intel SunRise Lake, which is non a MPT based
solution, that would work with Christophs
Sas Layer. There maybe others, such as emulex.
Perhaps James S. could comment on that.

Eric