Re: reiser4 vs politics: linux misses out again

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 [email protected] wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, commercial trolls have successfully taken away
linux's only ever chance to sweep the field.

It is now gone. OSX rocks harder than linux, the spotlight function is superb.

[SNIPPED....]

Sorry to feed the trolls, but I couldn't resist. Isn't OSX just
a commercial re-hash of BSD that Jobs "appropriated"?  The performance
has been so poor with the PPC platform that Apple has been forced
to sign a pack with the devil and use ix86 in their future boxes.

I'm not making this up! It would have been nice to have a competing
platform remaining to keep everybody honest. Now that Apple is
going Intel, we will be forced to use whatever the Indians provide.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.12 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
                 98.36% of all statistics are fiction.