Re: Linux 2.6.13-rc1

Linus Torvalds wrote:
Ok, guys,
 there was a lot of stuff pending after 2.6.12, and in the week and a half
since the release, the current diff against it has grown to almost three
megabytes compressed.

Which is actually normal for a -rc1 release judging by the two last ones,
but it usually takes us longer than ten days to get there. Which just
shows that 2.6.12 was brewing for too long, but we can also think
positively and say that perhaps it also seems to imply that this git thing
is working out and not slowing people down.

Anyway, I really don't want to drag out 2.6.13 as long as 2.6.12 took, and
we don't have any reason to anyway, so let's try to see if we can calm
things down again, and people who are thinking about writing new code
might think about spending some quality time looking at the existing code
and patches instead.

Can't comment on git slowing things down, but I have to think that the time it took, and was ALLOWED to take, is a result of the -stable fixes working very well indeed. The fact that the 2.6.11.X was available to take the presure off to get something out of the door.

My big thank you to the stable folks, I personally think this idea is working as intended.

--
   -bill davidsen ([email protected])