Re: Memory Management during Program Loading

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:49:46 EDT, Sreeni said:
> In our system we have a secure physical memory starting and ending at
> predefined addresses. We want to execute certain programs, which have
> to be running secure in those address spaces only.

Can you explain how this memory is "secure", and how you expect a kernel that's
running *outside* this secure space to load a program into it?

> Is it possible to force the loader to load the "particular" program
> (both the code and data segment) at that pre-defined secure physical
> memory, without any major kernel changes?

It's more complicated than that - not only do you need to worry about running
the program in that space, you also need to worry about things like malloc()
space for the program, I/O buffers, and so on.....