Re: reiser4 plugins

Hans Reiser writes:
 > Andi Kleen wrote:
 >
 > > Christoph does a lot of reviewing
 > >
 > and he is notorious for making needed linux contributors go away and not
 > come back, and I won't say which famous person on this mailing list told
 > me that....
 >
 > >and your child definitely
 > >is in serious need of that to be mergeable. I'm sure Christoph is able
 > >to review inpartially even when he is involved with other FS.
 > >

 > As impartial as a puppy on PCP....
 >
 > Christoph is aggressive about things he does not take the time to
 > understand or ask about first.  I hate that.   I wish he would go away
 > please.  He is not exactly an Ousterhout, Rob Pike, Granger, Mazieres,
 > Frans Kaashoek, etc.,  in his accomplishments, so why is he reviewing
 > other people's filesystems?  Reviews are great, how about finding
 > persons who have created filesystem innovations (and thus are less
 > likely to reject innovations without understanding them) to do them?

Well, because of his classy hair-style of course.

Seriously, Linux is not managed by a committee. There is nobody to
appoint Official File System Reviewers of Her Majesty. Everything here
(including your credentials as a file system designer) is
self-proclaimed.

 > How about review by benchmark instead?

[...]

 >                                   I frankly think that with my
 > benchmarks, I should be allowed to tinker on my own.

I am afraid it will sound picky, but 10 month ago you said you are
planning to replace benchmarks on the namesys.com with fairer ones:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=reiserfs&m=109368686019301&w=2

Last time I checked, http://namesys.com/benchmarks.html still features
only mongo runs with overwrite/modify phases off and with all operations
done in readdir order (most favorable mode for reiser4).

 > Hans The Mad

Nikita.